Vegan's Day

Sweet Space at COEX

Every time I'm at COEX, I make sure to stop by 'Sweet Space' to peruse the imported goodies, even though most of the food isn't vegan (ie, jelly beans, cheese-flavored doritos, goldfish...). I just like being surrounded by special non-Korean things. There are, however, a few vegan stuff that I stock up on.

1. Carr's Crackers! There are several different types of Carr's Crackers there, but not all of them are vegan- just double check the ingredients list. One of my favorites is the 'Whole Wheat Crackers,' which are thicker and sweeter than regular crackers. They're more like 'digestive cookies', but they're so delicious... I also really like the crackers that are baked with roasted garlic & herbs. They have a pretty intense herb flavor and are perfect with some hummus or baba ganoush.

All the crackers in this picture are vegan!

2. I also love getting McVitie's Digestive cookies there. And yes, they are animal free! Right now they have a special deal going where you can buy two boxes of the Light Digestives for 2000 won. Korea has their own rip-off version of 'McVitie's Digestives' called 'Diget ' (plain, chocolate-covered, and blackbean-flavored) , but these are NOT vegan. McVitie's is the way to go. I love dunking them into my coffee or tea in the afternoon.

Thank God for Sweet Space!