Vegan's Day

Easy Gondeurae Bibimbab
IMG_9170

Remember the awesome Gondeurae Bibimbab that I had at Gangwon-do this summer? Well, apparently it had quite a lasting impression on me because it's been on ma mind lately~ So when I was at E-Mart the other day, I found a variety of small packets of dried veggies and mushrooms (including dried gondeurae leaves), that you can easily add to your rice in the cooker. Each packet is stated to serve 2-3.

IMG_9174

For today's lunch, I tried the 'Sanchae Bibimbab' one, which included dried gondeurae leaves, gosari (fern brake), mushrooms, and some doraji (bellflower root).

IMG_9178

As per the directions on the package, I simply threw everything into my rice cooker, along with white rice, some black/wild rice, and water. Then I left the cooker alone to do its thing.

IMG_9191

Here it is after cooking and a little stir to fluff up the rice. I like how the wild rice dyes the white rice purple. :)

IMG_9205

I could've enjoyed the gondeurae bab with just some gim, but I decided to use it to make a vibrant bibimbab with a ton of fresh sprouts, lettuce, broken gim pieces, a dollop of dwenjang, and a drizzle of sesame seed oil. Colorful, no? I also made a simple seaweed salad on the side.

IMG_9207

The gondeurae bab wasn't as amazing as the one I had at Gangwon-do, but it was still pretty good! My bibimbab was a little dry because I didn't include much sauce or liquid in it, so next time, I'll have to try making the right sauce. :) All in all, it was an easy way to recreate one of my memorable summer eats.

P.S. Anyone else excited for Vegan MoFo 2010 this November? :) Sign up here to officially join the fun. November is looking to be a monster month full of vegan food and exciting events- can't wait.