Vegan's Day

Fall in Cheonan

I'm a little behind on my blog posts... there are several unfinished posts sitting in my drafts folder causing blog-constipation. It's not that I don't have time to blog, but I think VeganMoFo kind of burned me out and gave me carpal tunnel fears. So I've been taking it a lil easy lately. But anywayyy~

So I had a wonderful weekend at Cheonan last week. I probably say this every time I talk about Cheonan, but I really love going there and just getting out of Seoul. I love that my parents live close to the countryside, where I can see the 'real' Korea... The way it was back in the day... I like seeing old farmers, old houses, mountains and trees. And ofcourse, I get to eat yummy homemade food.

Dotorimuk (acorn jelly) salad

Japchae with some special root vegetable my mum was experimenting with.

Dwenjang Jjigye

Bindae ddeok (ground bean sprout pancakes) & rice

We also went on a trip to some nearby mountains to do some hiking!

First, we stopped by a countryside restaurant at the foot of the mountain to fill up on energy before our hike.

sanchae bibimbab

side dishes

persimmons being sold infront of the restaurant

On our way up the mountain, there was a Buddhist monastery/temple, which we checked out.

I assume that these two warriors painted on the gate are protecting the temple courtyard?

Hiking in the fall is so beautiful because you're surrounded by amazing colored leaves, and there's the added moodiness that I love so much. Trees are moody to begin with, but in the fall, they're downright hauntingly alluring. It's such a romantic season, no? I'm trying to take it all in before nasty winter comes. :)

Fallen ginko leaves

I love Fall in Cheonan!