Vegan's Day

Seoul Lantern Festival 2009

I hope everyone in Seoul got to check out the Seoul Lantern Festival last week cuz it was aaawsome! There was so much to see and I was just really impressed with all the lantern sculptures. My friends and I went on Sunday night, which was the last day that it would be showing, so the Chunggyecheon stream was overcrowded with people taking advantage of their last chance to check it out. The weather was ridiculously cold and I thought my toes might freeze off, but the beautiful lanterns kind of made it all worth it. There was also a big Korean drum performance right in the middle of the stream that was pretty cool. I don't know if this was the first Lantern Festival in Seoul, but I hope they do it every year. Here is just a fraction of all the eye-popping sculptures I saw:

rawr~

zodiac animals

Traditional Korean drummers

Buddha on an elephant

Christ the Redeemer statue in Brazil

Big Ben & Angkor Wat

Leaning Tower of Pisa, and the Pyramids of Giza

wishes on lanterns

Korean traditional warriors.