Vegan's Day

French Christmas Fair
IMG_9797.jpg

Last Saturday, some friends and I checked out the French Christmas Fair at Sorae Maeul, the French village. It was a bit smaller than I expected, but it was still a good time with some interesting sights. Just being around so many French people and hearing people talking in French reminded me of my fabulous vacation in Paris earlier this year. Sigh... I miss the Raspail Organic Market! good times.

IMG_9804.jpg

buttery pastries, sadly non-vegan.

IMG_9840.jpg
IMG_9817.jpg
IMG_9814.jpg
IMG_9809.jpg
IMG_9799.jpg
IMG_9842.jpg

There was even a stall making buckwheat crepes! I was about to order a plain one, but then i saw the man rub butter on the crepe pan before pouring on the batter, so I opted out.

IMG_9806.jpg

Jolly vendors selling baguette sandwiches. :)

IMG_9850.jpg

homemade, organic fruit preserves

IMG_9812.jpg

Olive tapenade. Looks like a bit of a mess, but it all tasted good!

IMG_9816.jpg

some sugar cookies... they were 5,000won each!! dayaaam.

IMG_9847.jpg

tons of people...

IMG_0003.jpg

Raffle tickets! (we didn't win anything... boo~)

IMG_9825.jpg

It was soooo cold outside that we couldn't enjoy the fair for too long and headed to a nearby cozy cafe to hangout~ Overall, it was a great day! Perhaps next year, I'll get my own table at the fair and sell some French-inspired vegan treats. :P

And here are some sweet things I've baked and eaten lately:

IMG_0005.jpg

Christmas fruit cake

IMG_9735.jpg

Chocolate cherry almond cookies.

IMG_9766.jpg

I also made some ginger-coconut muffins. I've had these Christmas muffin cups for several years, so I finally put some of them to good use.

IMG_9779.jpg

Love this muffin cup~~ so cute. I bought it at Bangsan baking market last year.

IMG_9789.jpg