Vegan's Day

Vegan Coconut Lime Pie

Last month, my mom visited me in Seoul, and we decided to try baking a vegan coconut lime pie- something neither of us had ever attempted, vegan or not. I had a few limes on me from the Foreign Food Mart at Itaewon, so I figured this would be a good use for them. After searching through a ton of recipes online, we settled on this one. The recipe calls for 2 cans of coconut milk, but since we only had 1 can, we halved the measurements so the pie wasn't as 'filled' as it should've been.

I really don't have much experience eating coconut lime pie, so I don't know if ours turned out the way it should, but I think it tasted pretty yummy! I found that the texture was better at room-temp, because when it was cold, the filling would solidify too much, rather than being soft and creamy. So I would just wait a few minutes after taking it out of the fridge before digging in.

For the crust, we used lowfat digestive cookies (vegan ones). It was my first time trying to make a graham-cracker-type crust too. Unfortunately, I kind of kept the crust in the oven too long, so it was slightly burnt along the edges. Blast! But once we cut the burnt bits off, it was fine, and still tasted quite delectable. Teehee~

Yea, yea... I'm still posting seasonal Christmas stuff. I think this is the last of them though. Finally! Anyway, so hoorah for new pie experiments.