Vegan's Day

Delightful Delight

My parents recently went to Turkey and came back with pressies- boxes of Turkish delight! :) If you grew up reading 'The Chronicles of Narnia' like me, you would instantly think of 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe,' when Edmund is lured by the Wicked White Witch with some Turkish delight. teehee~ I love saying 'Turkish Delight.' Isn't it such a great name for a piece of candy? Thanks to C.S. Lewis, these treats definitely have an element of fantasy and magic. I like to imagine that I'm in Narnia while I nibble on a piece and get sugar powder all over. And what's even better is that they're vegan! (Although traditionally, they were made with honey.)

These ones have mixed nuts in them, like hazelnut, pistachios and almonds. Texture-wise, they're like little cubes of soft jelly. But they're not as chewy as gummy bears- they practically melt in your mouth. They're so sweet though, I can only handle eating one or two at a time.

A cute nut lodged in there... :)

o.O <--- my eyes boggling at the sight

This is a smaller box of 'classical' turkish delight.

Oh, soft pillows of heaven.