Vegan's Day

Naked Cupcakes

Here's my first attempt at one of the recipes in VCTOTW. Gingerbread Cupcakes. Even though I didn't have some of the ingredients, and kind of fudged it a bit, they still turned out yummy! Instead of 'light molasses,' I just used regular dark molasses, and instead of soy yogurt, I used about 2tbs of soymilk mixed with 1tsp of vinegar.

Although the cake part was delicious, I'm beginning to realize that the essence of a cupcake is the icing on top... The whole point of making cupcakes is for people to 'ooh' and 'ahh' at the prettiness and creativity in the frosting and design/concept! I wasn't in the mood for such intense baking, so I left that part out, resulting in a very humble cupcake that looks more like a muffin. Thing is, I don't want to do the whole shebang unless it's for a special occasion... so someone hurry up and throw a birthday or dessert party!

BTW, I can't seem to find any good vegetable butter/margarine in Korea to make buttercream frosting! Blast! Anyone know of any leads?