Vegan's Day

Salad & Cake @ Honest Loving Hut

*This Loving Hut Branch has CLOSED* (updated Sept 25, 2011)

Met up with Kia (my vegan baking buddy) to have dinner at Honest Loving Hut the other day. The last time I went to Honest was for my birthday last year, and I loved every bite I had! Ever since then, I've been meaning to go back and try their other dishes, but it's taken me a while~

Honest Loving Hut Itaewon

Neither of us were extremely hungry, so we ended up both choosing salads. I went with the Sunrise Salad, which was a mix of greens and cooked zucchini, eggplant, onions, and tomatoes, dressed in a sweet mustard sauce. (10,000 won).

Honest Loving Hut Itaewon

Kia's Grilled Mushroom Salad (9,000 won).

Even though they were delicious, I gotta say that they were rather overpriced. Definitely not substantial or filling. I actually thought we would get some bread with our salad orders too, but that wasn't included... But anyway, since our tummies were still hungry, we decided to remedy that by ordering some ice cream roll cake!

Honest Loving Hut Itaewon

Hm, there's got to be a better way to plate these slices... Actually, I noticed that the size of the cakes were considerably smaller from the last time I ordered them. They shrank from B-cups to A-cups.

Honest Loving Hut Itaewon

Body-part jokes aside though, these were a sweet delight! It's hard to go wrong when you have sweet vanilla ice cream rolled up in chocolate cake, drizzled in raspberry sauce and sprinkled with sugar powder. I almost forgot what ice cream tasted like, and this was a good reminder. :)

Honest Loving Hut Itaewon

All cleaned up.

Honest Loving Hut Itaewon

Here are some random interior shots of the restaurant.

Honest Loving Hut Itaewon
Honest Loving Hut Itaewon

They also have vegan bread and snack products for sale.

Anyway, I noticed that the restaurant has gotten considerably busier since my last visit! :) Last time, the place was practically empty except for my group of friends, but this time, there were several other veg heads enjoying their meals. It's nice to see a vegan restaurant getting support and doing well~

Directions to 'Honest' Loving Hut: Itaewon Station, Line 6, Exit 1. Walk straight about 5 minutes. Turn right, into the alleyway right before 'ABC Mart.' Walk up the hill and it will be on your left, on the 2nd floor.

Opening Hours: 12noon -9pm. Closed on Wednesdays