Vegan's Day

Delicious friends and food

This Saturday some friends and I had a truly wonderful vegan potluck at my humble abode. The last time I hosted dinner at my place was last Thanksgiving, so this gathering was long overdue. Everyone went above and beyond in bringing abundant, delicious, compassionate eats!

I made some Samosa Pancakes based on the recipe from the Vegan Brunch recipe book. Some changes I made to the recipe were adding sweet potatoes and curry powder, and omitting the peas. They were a yummy hit.

A fresh green salad with red and yellow bell peppers, to be dressed with some agave mustard vinaigrette.

Here's some hummus I made to go with some toasted tortilla wraps. That stunning plate of bananas and grapes was provided by Yunseo.

Yunseo also brought this truly incredible vegan bread that had nothing but good things in it- walnuts, raisins, dried apricots, chestnuts... ah! I couldn't stop munching on this throughout the night.

Dayva brought some light, fresh spring rolls with the most incredible peanut dipping sauce. Holy crap, that sauce was sooo good, I could just eat it by the spoonful, or drizzled on practically anything. I really have to get the recipe from her~

Here's my plate. Oh, and those black beans that Abigail made were perfect spooned onto a toasted tortilla wrap with a layer of hummus. What an amazing combination.

If you think this looks like dessert-overload, that's because it is. This dessert spread was just as (if not more) extravagant than the main meal. Talk about vegan excess and a half.

That's some chocolate mousse I made from 'The Joy of Vegan Baking,' topped with some strawberries. Everyone said it was delicious! This was thick, creamy, rich, and enough to satisfy any PMS craving. And the best part was surprising people with the fact that there was tofu in it.

The two Mikes & HyunJu brought the most fancy and diverse selection of rice cakes I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. Those are all mini desserts made of rice!

A beautiful end to a beautiful meal.