Vegan's Day

How to make a vegan feel special
Mark's wedding

I went to a friend's wedding last weekend~ It was perhaps the most unique Korean wedding I've been to because the bride, groom, and officiator stood on a circular rotating platform! Quite the production, I must say~ ^^

Mark's wedding

After the ceremony, waiters came around serving dinner. I went to the wedding prepared to just watch other people eat, since that has been the case with most weddings I've been to. However, unbeknownst to me, my friend Mark (the groom) had actually informed the catering staff ahead of time that two of his guests (myself and Chris) would be vegan, and instructed them to serve us a vegan meal! Sure enough, when we told the waiters that we would pass on the shrimp appetizer, they communicated amongst themselves through their secret-service mic and ear pieces, as if to say "the vegans have been identified. 7 o'clock, seated by the wall." Shortly after, a different server appeared with a salad dressed in sweet balsamic vinegar, instead of the mayo dressing that everyone else got. Nice!

Mark's wedding

Once we finished our salads, they brought out our special vegan entrees! Instead of the steak that everyone else munched on, Chris and I got to enjoy grilled onion and tomato, sandwiched between two lightly grilled potato patties, surrounded by a luscious marinara sauce, a medley of steamed veggies, and a dollop of apple puree. There was also some sort of flaky-crust pastry thing which was vegetarian, but it had a suspicious buttery smell, so I didn't finish that, but everything else was definitely vegan and totally delicious! btw, I didn't eat the orchid...

Mark's wedding

So yea, it was very cool, and also a true testament of Mark's thoughtful character. I felt incredibly special, getting my own unique meal, which looked superior to everyone else's food, in my opinion. It was the same feeling I get when I'm on a flight and the people next to me are surreptitiously eyeing my vegan meal tray, wondering why my food looks so much better than theirs. "That's because it's cruelty-free , my friend." ^^

Congrats Mark & KH!