Vegan's Day

Molasses Cookies

Trying to keep up with time is so hard! I can't believe it's already May.

The past few days have been pretty busy. Amidst spending time with my parents, helping my sister move out of her apartment, and going down to Cheonan, I've been working on setting up my new art website. It's not complete yet, but it's pretty much done. I've decided that the most practical thing would be a blog format, where I can easily update it with new works, and I've decided to give Wordpress a chance with this one, rather than Blogger. I also finally figured out how to publish it from my own domain site (www.mipalee.com), and believe me, since I'm not a techie person, this took me forever to figure out! I'm really proud of myself for getting it up and running though. Before I start posting new works on there, I want to put up some of my older stuff, just so that it doesn't look so empty! :)

Now that I have a separate site for my illustrations, I can devote this blog to vegan food and life! So that said, let me share with you some Molasses Cookies! I modified the "Kick-Ass Molasses Cookies" recipe from Vegweb.com. I reduced the sugar and oil, and just for fun, added half of a mashed banana. Also, instead of 'Ener-G Egg Replacer,' I used ground flaxseeds. They turned out really soft, and almost cakey. Delicious.

Recipe:
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 banana, blended well (optional)
1/4 cup molasses
2 Tbs ground flaxseeds, whisked in 6 Tbs water
3 cups all purpose flour (or half APF, half whole wheat)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C.
2. Mix sugar, oil, molasses, flax/water mixture, & mashed banana in a bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
3. Mix in dry ingredients
4. Make tablespoon-sized balls by rolling inbetween palms. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, about 1-2 inches apart.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes. Let cool & enjoy.
(Makes about 24 cookies)

ps. Aren't the pink flowers in these photos so pretty? My mum grew them!