Vegan's Day

Tuesday's vegan food diary

So, I'm trying to be better about blogging about the things I eat throughout my day. I'm amazed when I see bloggers who are so disciplined that they photograph every snack, drink, and meal they consume... I don't think I could ever do that, but I do want to share more of the foods I eat on a regular basis, rather than just collecting odd pictures over the course of a few weeks and posting them all up at once. And not just food either. I want to be better about documenting the little things I do or see throughout the day~

Anyhoo, here's what I ate today:

IMG_1620

Breakfast was oatmeal with diced apple, some chunky PB, and a drizzle of blackstrap molasses. And ofcourse, some yummy fresh kiwi on the side. I don't know how people can function without breakfast! I woke up around 7am today (better than the 5:30am I was averaging last week!) and promptly savored my breakfast oats while meditating on the day ahead and watching msnbc online. It's become my little morning ritual. :)

IMG_1635

Then after working all morning and having a mid-morning green-tea latte, I got seriously hungry for lunch. So I quickly boiled up a sweet potato and made this veggie dish which includes zucchini, corn, mushrooms, onions, scallions, and a little bit of red pepper. This was only my first plate. I always go back for heaping seconds! :)

IMG_1638

My empty lunch plate.

And this was dinner. Some tofu slices, mixed veggies, and a bunch of perilla leaves.

I used the perilla leaves to wrap the veggies and tofu up, like Koreans do with lettuce and sam-gyup-sal.

IMG_1643

I also recently ordered some new canvases and wooden panels for me to start painting again. It's been a really long time since I put my paints and brushes to use, and they're quite dusty! I have no idea what I'll be painting, but I'm excited about the possibilities.

And now I just got back from a 10k run at the gym! :) As soon as I got home, I ate dinner #2. Another bowl of oats and an apple. I guess I was craving my oatmeal and couldn't wait til the next morning...

IMG_1645

I'm all stinky from my run, so I gotta jump in the shower now before I hit the sack. Have a great night my loves!