Vegan's Day

Carrot Oatmeal!
IMG_2161

So yesterday morning, I decided to get all experimental on my oatmeal by adding grated carrots! Yes... a root vegetable in my oatmeal. I actually found that 'carrot cake oatmeal' is already quite popular amongst oatmeal-loving bloggers. Check out this blogger who created a very long photo-essay of all her wacky oatmeal concoctions. The possibilities with oatmeal are simply endless.

Here's what went inside my carrot oatmeal:

  • 1/3 cup oatmeal
  • 1/3 cup soy milk
  • 1/3 cup grated carrots
  • about 1.5 cup water (or however thick/watery you want it)
  • 1 Tbs ground flax seeds

IMG_2162

I didn't top my 'carrot cake oatmeal' with frosting like other people, but instead, I prettified it with chopped walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, and blackstrap molasses.

IMG_2167
IMG_2180

Behold those carrot shreds!

Ok, to be honest, it wasn't as amazing as I expected it to be. The carrot taste was very mild and it kind of got lost in the oatmeal. Altogether, the flavors didn't resemble 'carrot cake' too much. I think I might have to experiment with adding more spices or shredded carrots. I did relish the addition of the walnuts and raisins though. Next breakfast experiment: 'Zucchini Bread Oatmeal'?