Vegan's Day

Veggie Grill Burgers

My sister, Julie, and I went to the Veggie Grill at Irvine Spectrum, which is another 100% vegan restaurant. Even though they're totally vegan, they don't make that the focus, probably because that might alienate customers who aren't veg. So I guess they're just all about good, healthy, comfort food. And I'm down wid dat.

'The Stack ' : Grilled veggie-steak stacked with onion rings, lettuce, tomato, pickles, thousand island dressing. Sweet potato fries on the side.

'The V Burger ' : Marinated and grilled veggie-steak burger, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, chipotle ranch. Small bowl of chili on the side.

I tasted both of these dishes and preferred 'The Stack'. It seemed more fresh and light, and the sweet potato fries and dip were awesome too. On the other hand, the 'V Burger' patty was too thick and dense for me... I didn't like the texture too much. But taste-wise, it was okay.

This is off-topic, but on the way to Veggie Grill, I saw several Hummers driving on the smooth asphalt roads. It was a bit of a shock to come back and see that people are still riding around in these monstrosities, in this day and age when everyone knows about the implications of global warming. Seriously, people! Get with the times! So anyway, I did was I always did in the past whenever I saw a Hummer: I gave it the ol' Hummer Salute.