Vegan's Day

Mixed Veggies with Cilantro

This is a light and refreshing bowl of mixed veggies. It's really simple to make, and it's perfect for the summer. I just ate this by itself, but I think it would also be perfect as a burrito filling, along with some black beans.

I'm generally really bad at posting recipes of things I cook because I don't use or remember measurements, but I will try to explain how I made this one.

{ Ingredients }1 zucchini, chopped
1 eggplant, chopped1/2 cup corn
1 onion, diced and separated into two partsthe juice of half a lemon
2Tbs chopped cilantrosalt & pepper to taste
tiny bit of oil
{ Method }1. In a frying pan, heat up a bit of oil. Once the oil is hot, saute half of the onions, and all of the zucchini and eggplant. Sprinkle a little salt to help the cooking process.
2. Remove from heat and pour into a big salad bowl. Add corn, the rest of the onions, cilantro, and lemon juice. Mix together.
3. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Btw, cilantro (aka coriander), isn't always easy to find in Korea, which is frustrating because there are so many great dishes and cuisines that rely on it for it's distinct flavor! I searched all over E-mart and my local market, with no luck. Then with some help from the Internets, I learned that you can find it at international food marts, like in Itaewon, and most fancy department stores. So to my sheer delight, I finally found some precious cilantro at the Hyundai Department Store Supermarket at COEX. This package was 2,100 won. And incase you're wondering, the Korean name for cilantro/coriander is 고수 /'go-su'.

Gotta love how they mispelled 'coriander'.