Vegan's Day

Tortilla Pizza
tofu pizza

Here's a super easy and quick pizza I made for lunch last week. Instead of making my own pizza dough, I just used a tortilla wrap as the crust- I'm slowly making my way through the huge bag I bought from Costco! Everything came together so fast- less than 30 minutes.

tofu pizza

Before assembling the pizza, I first toasted the frozen tortilla in the oven for about 5 minutes (at around 180C) to get it slightly crispy. Then I took it out and began layering all the toppings. For the base of the pizza, instead of tomato sauce, I used tofu mashed with some nutritional yeast, yellow mustard, salt, and pepper. After spreading the tofu mixture evenly on the crust, I topped it with some oyster mushrooms, red bell peppers, onions, dried basil and oregano. Last, I drizzled some olive oil over every thing and baked it in my oven for about 13 minutes at 180C, checking to make sure the edges didn't get too dark.

tofu pizza

It came out a lot better than I expected! Quite yummy indeed. Next time though, I'll slice the oyster mushrooms a little smaller for easier eating. I did like their chewy texture on the pizza though~

tofu pizza

Not a single tomato on my pizza, but it was still deeelicious.

IMG_6386

For those of you who are wondering, this is my Wiswell convection oven that I ordered from GMarket several years ago. It's not the greatest oven in that sometimes the heat is so close to the food that the tops and bottoms get over-browned, but I make it work. The temperature dial is also inaccurate (too hot), so I've stuck orange stickers indicating the correct temperature settings. A separate oven thermometer also comes in handy~