Vegan's Day

The Week After
IMG_8126

Now that Chuseok is over, I've returned to my own humble home cooking. Today's lunch was a super simple tortilla pizza topped with crushed tomatoes, chopped red and yellow bell peppers, and olives. I also sprinkled some dried oregano and basil on top, as well as some salt and nutritional yeast. The hardest part about making pizza is waiting for it to be done cooking in the oven.

IMG_8132

It was a light lunch, but that's kind of what my body has been needing, after all the feasting that when down over Chuseok!

IMG_8929

Plus, I've started making green smoothies again- almost every day. I just whizz together a bunch of lettuce, half a banana, and 1/2 a scoop of Sun Warrior protein powder in my blender with some water, and drink it all up! This photo only shows half of the entire smoothie I had today, as I could only fit half of it in this glass.

I also received a few lovely gifts recently.

IMG_8902

One friend who returned from a trip to Thailand gifted me with this adorable elephant keychain. Love it.

IMG_8963

Another good buddy is leaving Korea soon and in the process of getting rid of some of his stuff, he decided to hand over this huge raw food cookbook to me! It's my first raw food book and I've been going through it as my bedtime reading. :).

IMG_8968

Many of the recipes require pre-soaking, dehydrating, or a pricey amount of nuts, so I'm not sure how many I'll be able to try, but I'm excited to attempt some of the easier ones.

IMG_9005

It's another book to add to my overstuffed bookshelf. Horribly disorganized...

IMG_8922

Oh, and the other day, I got my complimentary Adidas t-shirt for the Energizer Night Race, which is this coming Saturday... wait, that's tomorrow. Along with the awesome black shirt, they sent a headlamp. haha. I'm not sure if I'll actually put this on while running the race, but it could be useful to have on a camping trip... or to face all the dust bunnies under my bed.

Speaking of Bunnies...

IMG_8062

She's loving life lately, what with all the apple, melon, and pear skins she's been getting. The other day I took a crazy-awesome video of her jumping around on my bath mat. I'll have to post that up soon~ :)

IMG_8108

Last but not least, take a look at my fridge these days:

IMG_8941

It's overflowing with mini yellow melons! I bought them from a fruit truck in my neighborhood. The ajushi was selling 2 bags of them for only 5000 won, so ofcourse, I had to get some. But now they've totally taken over my entire fridge. Some of them are so small that they can fit in my 'eggless egg tray'. Kiwi's first, and now melons. What's next?

IMG_9000

Even though they're miniature, these are just as good as regular-sized ones. Sweet and crunchy.

Aiight~ I'm off to do some baking for Harunohee cafe, and then it's dinner at the Loving Hut buffet tonight with some chingoo's. Happy Friday!