Vegan's Day

Veggie Holic Again :)
Veggie Holic

I made my second trip to Veggie Holic bakery this past weekend!

Veggie Holic

They had a lot more goodies in stock this time than the previous visit, but unfortunately, I'm still waiting on their new shipment of soy yogurt to come in~ Oh well, there were still plenty of other delights to keep my occupied.

Veggie Holic
Veggie Holic
Veggie Holic
Veggie Holic
Veggie Holic

These blueberry pastries actually have muffins baked inside them! Woah~

Veggie Holic

Everything at this bakery is vegan, except for this one section of non-vegan cookies with the "cookie" stickers on them. I'm not sure why they have non-vegan things, when they're supposed to be a vegan bakery... Anyway, now you know~~

Veggie Holic

There were so many things I wanted to get, but I restrained myself this time and just got myself one blueberry muffin. I took it to 'Jass Cafe' which is en route to Veggie Holic from the subway station, and enjoyed it with some cawfee~

Veggie Holic

You might be wondering, "if that's a blueberry muffin, where are the blueberries?!" Well, um, I was thinking the same thing. I was expecting to see lots of gooey whole blueberries inside, but only found about three whole ones that had sunk to the bottom. Since blueberries are expensive in Korea, I think they just mashed or pureed some and mixed it into the batter to get the blueberry flavor and grey/purple color. :( Moreover, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I found that the muffin left a strange slick feeling on my tongue. It made my mouth feel a bit plasticky, probably due to the nondairy shortening or the oil they use (anyone else experience this?). So that was kind of weird, but once I got over it, it didn't bother me too much. I still ate the whole thing. :)

So I've now tried all three of their muffins: the pumpkin, chocolate, and this blueberry one. Without a doubt, my favorite is the chocolate (like that was a tough choice...).

IMG_9134

Here are some interior shots of 'Cafe Jass,' incase anyone is interested.

IMG_9129
IMG_9135

Directions: Hongik University Station, line 2, Exit 2. When you come out the escalator stairs, turn left and walk 2 blocks. Then cross the street and walk to the right. Turn into the road between 'Pourtoi Bakery' and Hana Bank and walk straight, passing a 'Kosa Mart' and a church on your right. Then turn left at the corner of a pizza/pasta restaurant. Veggie Holic will be on your left, a few stores down. (About a 5-minute walk from the station exit).

Opening Hours: Everyday 10AM-10PM