Vegan's Day

'Honest' Loving Hut @ Itaewon

*This Loving Hut Branch has CLOSED* (updated Sept 25, 2011)

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

I feel a bit silly that I'm still talking about my birthday, almost a week later, but there's still more to share! On Saturday, some friends and I got together for a birthday dinner at 'Honest,' one of the newer 'Loving Hut' restaurant locations. I've heard several great reviews of this place from other vegans, so I was excited to check it out- especially after I heard that they have vegan desserts! :)

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

We were there for dinner, but I think this could also be a nice place to hang out during the day, just to get some coffee and vegan bread.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner
Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Yes!

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

It's definitely different from any of the other 'Loving Hut' restaurants I've been to... it's a little more 'normal' in that it doesn't seem so 'Supreme Master'-oriented. I find most Loving Hut restaurants to be somewhat tacky, what with the creepy TV channel and the ugry Loving Hut logo, but here, all of that is a little toned-down and things are just a bit classier and upscale. Furthermore, while most other 'Loving Huts' here serve Korean/fusion food, this place is all Western food- Italian pasta, burgers, salads, etc.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

'Bread Pizza'

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Ciabatta!

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

The Bear Truth

There were about 10 of us altogether and we took over the whole restaurant! The ambiance was super chill and peaceful. It felt a bit like being at someone's house, only having expert personal vegan chefs in the back.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Olive oil & balsamic vinegar, and peach jam.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Those who ordered pasta dishes got baskets of bread as appetizers. The peach jam was delightful.

And then the real food started coming out, and each plate was a thing of beauty. Being the blogger that I am, I passed my camera around and made everyone photograph their plate before they could dig in! ha. This is what happens when you eat with me.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

I ordered the 'Roasted Veggie Burger,' and I literally gasped out loud when it came out. The plate was massive and the presentation was so pretty. (9,900 won)

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Basil pesto on some roasted eggplant. So flavorful!

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Lotus root chip. I'm not sure if you can see it hidden under the green leaves, but for this Grilled Veggie burger, instead of a traditional burger pattie, there was a grilled pineapple ring. I don't usually like cooked pineapple in savory dishes (hawaiian pizza? yuck!) but this one was delicious!

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

After filling it with all the roasted veggies (kabocha squash, eggplant, mushrooms, and zucchini...), my burger was ready for consumption. Not that I have much to compare it to, but this was one of the best vegan burgers I've had. It was seriously yummy and juicy-good. yuuuum.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Chris ordered their 'Supreme Burger' which was even more extravagant than mine.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Michael got their 'Tofu Burger & Potato Wedge' plate, which was more like a traditional patty burger.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

A few got this Garlic Olive Spaghetti.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Looks pretty amazing.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Natasha got this 'Tomato Spaghetti' which has cubes of tofu in it. You can't tell by the angle of this photo, but the spaghetti is piled way high like a mountain.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Abigail's creamy, green Artichoke Basil Pesto Fettuccine.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

I don't know if I've ever seen artichokes in Korea before.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Potato Wedges!

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Loved the herbs on them.

I think everyone really enjoyed the food- even the omnis. :) I was pretty stuffed, but simply couldn't pass-up dessert! A couple of us decided to share this organic ice-cream roll cake:

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

I know what you're thinking... boobage!

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Once we had a good laugh and got our heads out of the gutter, we dug in.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Phenom. It's not every day that this vegan gets to enjoy a decadent ice-cream dessert.

Honest Restaurant Birthday Dinner

Chris also ordered their affogato. He said it was small, but good. I'm definitely getting this next time!

Ahh! This was indeed a special meal. The food blew any expectations out of the water- everything tasted fantastic, and the presentation was so elegant and stylish. I also felt so blessed sharing this vegan meal with such wonderful friends. I couldn't have asked for a better night out.

For more images and menu details, check this link.

Directions to 'Honest' Loving Hut: Itaewon Station, Line 6, Exit 1. Walk straight about 5 minutes. Turn right, into the alleyway right before 'ABC Mart.' Walk up the hill and it will be on your left, on the 2nd floor.