Vegan's Day

Seoul International Bakery Fair
IMG_7381.jpg

On Saturday Yunseo and I checked out the 15th Annual Seoul International Bakery Fair at COEX. These kinds of events at coex are always crowded, but they're busier on weekends, and especially when they involve food... And since I'm just a little bit interested in baking, I had to go check it out. Being surrounded by so many baking ingredients, supplies, baking academies, and cafes, was like me being in a candy shop. There was a ton of things to see and I definitely came away with some inspiration for my own mini online bake shop. hehe. Anyway, here are some scenes from the event:

IMG_7206.jpg

A bunch of industrial-sized ovens and mixers on display. Imagine having one of these in your kitchen!

IMG_7377.jpg

French bakers handing out macaron samples. I had to battle some hardcore ajumas just to get close enough to take this photo.

IMG_7210.jpg

Ingredient-tasting

IMG_7209.jpg

Various types of coconut shreds

IMG_7289.jpg

Breads made from different grains

IMG_7297.jpg

A frozen-fruit company.

IMG_7222.jpg

Fancy cakes on display

IMG_7218.jpg
IMG_7220.jpg
IMG_7228.jpg

There were also several bakery-cafes in the arena and they all had loooong lines of customers waiting to buy goodies.

IMG_7214.jpg
IMG_7234.jpg

designer chocolates!

IMG_7279.jpg
IMG_7251.jpg
IMG_7264.jpg

Unfortunately, most of the stuff there wasn't vegan so I didn't get to do as much tasting as everyone else. Booo~

IMG_7257.jpg

cake decorating

IMG_7273.jpg

shelves of muffin cups & poundcake molds

IMG_7272.jpg
IMG_7311.jpg

There was also a baking competition on one side of the building, where a bunch of apprentice bakers had their goods on display for judging in different categories.

IMG_7366.jpg

breads

IMG_7346.jpg

bread and pastries

IMG_7357.jpg
IMG_7364.jpg

chocolates

IMG_7302.jpg

sugar art

IMG_7321.jpg

fondant decorating

IMG_7328.jpg
IMG_7333.jpg

Bunny's in the background. :)

IMG_7371.jpg

Well, it was a lot of fun and I think I got a feel for what's trendy in the baking business these days... haha. And even though I could probably find everything at Bangsan baking market, I still bought a couple small items while there. Good times!