Vegan's Day

My Mom's Korean Vegan Cooking

I just want to post up pics of some delicious home-cooking that I've had the pleasure of eating these past few week. My parents are not vegan, but whenever I go home to Cheonan, or they come up to Seoul to visit me, my mom makes sure to cook vegan dishes. Yea, she's the best. Even though I try to learn Korean-cooking from her, whenever I attempt to replicate the dishes by myself, they just never come out the same. I guess I don't have the special 'touch.' I think that's why I don't try to cook Korean food much on my own. I always just cook more western dishes, or I just saute a bunch of random vegetables together and call it a dish. I could only hope to someday have as much skillz as my mom in the kitchen.

Clockwise from top left: vegan kimchi, salad, vegan ggak-du-gi (radish kimchi), lightly fried tofu with sauce, and rice.

Vegan kimchi, spinach side dish, rice, and pumpkin jeon (savory pancake). The pumpkin jeon was soooo yummy. Drool...

too many things to name here.

Bean sprouts, spinach, vegan kimchis, bindae ddeok/jeon (beansprout pancakes), cabbage soup, and rice.