Vegan's Day

Kkokkal Cone Corn Snacks
koreansnacksADO

These are some old-school snacks that all Koreans grow up eating and have nostalgic feelings about. But one of these is not like the others. Can you guess which one?

Okay, so I probably gave it away in the post title, but if you guessed the Kkokkal cones, you're right. And wanna know why? Cuz they're the only vegan ones of the lot! Seriously, I could go on and on about all my childhood favorite Korean snacks that are I no longer indulge in. Nongshim shrimp crackers (새우깡), onion ring snacks (양파링), choco pies, and pepero sticks were and still are some iconic ones that I honestly do miss. Sometimes I wish I could just be a kid again, munching away at a whole bag of Nongshim onion rings, carefully nibbling out gaps in the rings and then sticking them on my earlobes and pretending they are earrings. Don't try to tell me you didn't play with your food too!

IMG_1546.jpg

Luckily, I don't have to give all my childhood snacks up because these don't contain any animal products. Sometimes I'm out and the only place to get food is a hole-in-the-wall convenience store, and if I'm super hungry, I will snack on a bag. Sure, it's not the healthiest thing to eat, but at least they're vegan.

In my opinion, there is only one way to eat these... stick them on your fingers and eat one by one:

IMG_1548.jpg

Rawr~~ claws comin' at you.