Vegan's Day

Not Eating Animals

I bought a copy of 'Eating Animals' at Kyobo the other day! :) I've heard about this book from so many different sources, I'm hoping it lives up to all the hype (and price-22,390 won). Since I'm already vegan, I sometimes think that reading books on this subject is kind of like preaching to the choir, but I still like hearing about how other people are led to this lifestyle, and their perspectives on humanity and our relationship with animals. I'm looking forward to learning something new.

Anyway, I've also been eating some good vegan grub~ I wish I could be like those bloggers who post everything they eat every day, but I'm not that dedicated... So you guys just have to be satisfied with sporadic images. :)

This is a bowl of homemade bibimbab. The rice is hiding underneath a bunch of lightly sauteed cabbage & carrots, chopped perilla leaves, and crushed seaweed flakes (gim). Super simple, but also delicious and healthy.

Here is a simple, light, cabbage side-dish. It's a quicker, less spicy, non-fermented version of kimchi. And totally vegan, ofcourse.

{ Ingredients }
1/4 head of cabbage
1 Tbp vinegar (I used apple-cider vinegar)
1/2 tsp sugar (actually, I used a pinch of stevia)
1 tsp red pepper flakes (or more, if you like it more spicy)
pinch of salt (or to taste)

{ Method }
1. Chop cabbage into thin slices
2. Add other ingredients and mix together.

Random question: Has anyone noticed that I haven't been baking much lately? In the past, I was baking almost every other day, and the majority of my posts were about vegan baking. But this January, I only baked once. I realized that baking so much is not so good for the waistline, even when I use low-fat recipes. So I'm trying to reduce the oven-use. I think I was a little addicted to the baking process, but I'm finding better outlets for my energy, such as nutritional eating and exercise. It's all good~! But don't worry, I'm still gonna bake from time-to-time.

Here's a lazy Bunny shot. Please excuse the tacky red/pink comforter.