Vegan's Day

Random eats so far in 2012

Here are some random eats from the past week or so.

IMG_0853

I've been craving bibimbab and banchan these days.

IMG_0850
사진 076
사진 075

Gosh, Korean food is quite simply the best.

IMG_1430.jpg

Experimental ooey gooey pecan-choc chip shortbread bars.

IMG_0541.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg
IMG_0023.jpg

I've also been baking and tasting new goodies to add to the bake shop.

IMG_1475.jpg

Last week I visited Cheonan and got to enjoy some of my mom's danpatjook (sweet red bean porridge). A delicious traditional winter-time Korean treat.

IMG_1477.jpg

My mom also made her own ddeok.

IMG_1496.jpg

Lemon poppyseed muffin. I think I'm obsessed with anything lemony these days. Clean, bright, and zesty. Is it just me or does lemon taste like happiness?

IMG_1451.jpg

Here's some of last week's homemade bread with pumpkin butter and bananas with apple jam on top.

IMG_1464.jpg

Once that loaf ended, I made another one, this time with lots of poppyseeds, oats, and flax seeds sprinkled over it.

IMG_1613.jpg

Last but not least, breakfast this morning was a glorious green monster smoothie. The first of the year. I finally unpacked my blender after months of leaving it buried in moving boxes because I really miss making morning smoothies! This one included 1 ripe banana, 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, 1 Tbs chia seeds, 1 handful spinach, a few ice cubes, and a squeeze of lemon. Seriously, green smoothies always make me feel so good about myself. Sometimes it's these little nourishing acts that set yourself up for a good day.

IMG_1606.jpg

Happy Friday & have a good weekend!