Vegan's Day

So True's Vegan Citron Pound Cake

This post is way overdue, but a few weeks ago, I went back to So True cafe. The more I go there, the more I love that place! It's definitely going on my next 'best of' list... hehe.

So True

Honestly, the main reason why I went to So True that day was to taste their vegan Citron (유자 "Yooja") Pound Cake. Luckily, on this visit, I was able to get a taste before it all sold out for the day.

So True

The cake had a nice dense crumb, and a lovely subtle citrus flavor. It definitely tasted different from a regular lemon or orange pound cake... the flavor was more similar to clementines, and wasn't too sweet, which made it feel healthier. They were also generous with the nuts and seeds! Normally, Korean cafes and bakeries are stingy on the heart-healthy nuts, but I noticed that So True doesn't hold back in this department. The pound cake was positively loaded with pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and almonds. I loved the added crunch-factor.

So True

I told myself that I would only eat one of the slices and take the second one home, but I ended up cleaning the plate right then and there! It's always such a pleasure to eat vegan baked goods in Korea made by someone other than myself. :) Let's hope So True keeps this on the menu and continues to add more vegan options!

So True

Here's my soy cafe latte. Do you see the heart in my cawfee?