Vegan's Day

Birthday Cupcakes

Friday night was the birthday party of Max and Mark, so I decided to share some vegan cupcake love. With decoration this time. :) I made the basic vanilla and chocolate recipes from VCTOTW, and topped them with chocolate ganache (first try!) and sprinkles. They turned out really cute. Then I took some technicolor photos:

I think everyone liked them! Some were even curious as to how they could possibly be vegan. :) Although I did enjoy the vanilla ones, I definitely preferred the chocolate versions. What can I say, I guess I'm just not a very 'Vanilla'...

Oh, and I found this awesome Korean website where I can order baking products/ingredients! www.bakingmall.com . If you're ever looking for baking stuff, you should check out this site. And if you can't find it there, good luck finding it in Korea at all. I actually visited their store location in Dongdaemun last week too, but it was a pretty small and cramped store... I think I would rather just order things online whenever I have a big-enough shopping list.

On Saturday, my sister and I went to the Seoul Art Center to finally see the Gustav Klimt show. He's always been one of my fave artists. I mean, how can you possibly deny an artist who uses color, patterns, and gold the way he does? I even remember my drawing II professor in college always rambling about Klimt's color technique. Overall, the show was okay... I was a bit disappointed because they didn't have many of his more popular works. There were mainly just a lot of sketches, a couple awesome stand-out paintings, a bunch of poster designs, and then some works from his contemporaries. It was also a bad idea to go on Saturday, because it seemed that all of Seoul was there. Long lines, and ridiculous crowds surrounding certain paintings... sigh, Koreans and their flock mentality... Next time, I will only go to a show like that on a weekday. But all in all, it was cool to experience his work in person. Such detail!

PS. Finished 'The World Peace Diet' last week. Loved every bit of it.