Vegan's Day

Cafe Mumum

I recently had an absolutely delicious cuppa tea at a cafe in HyeHwa. The coffee shop is called 'Mumum' (머뭄), which basically means 'pausing' or 'staying still,' and it's a cozy space where you can get some work done, or just hang out with friends. I was actually with 6 other buddies, so we kept the cafe owner quite busy with all our orders. The owner was really sweet, patient, and also good at English.

Anyway, back to this 'Berry Tart Fruit Tea' I had (5,000 won). As its name implies, it was indeed tart and fruity, but it also had a bit of a nutty flavor. I'm not even sure which exact berries were in it because it looked like so many different ingredients, but I did recognize dried apples. I also thought the tea pot was really cool...

Some assorted nuts that came with Will's drink.

hot chocolate

Grapefruit juice. I got a little sip and this was really lovely!

Some some of us also ordered waffles and red bean bingsu, but they weren't vegan, so none for moi!

To leave our mark, we doodled on one of the cafe's sketchpads. There's nothing quite like a little spontaneous creative collaboration.

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how we got to the cafe... we sort of just stumbled upon it, so I can't give directions right now. But you can see a map on this blog.