Vegan's Day

My psychedelic lunch
lunch

Check out today's lunch. Colorful and so organized! A few weeks ago I went to the Beautiful Store Flea Market that they have every Saturday at the Ttukseom Resort Station, and I found this kiddie cafeteria-style lunch tray for 1,000 won! I thought it would be a fun way to plate my food (for the blog, haha), so ofcourse I had to snag it. It's a bit small, but there's something about all the different compartments that encourage me to make sure I have a variety of foods with every meal.

So today's lunch tray included some brown rice, sauteed mungbean sprouts & perilla leaves, raw carrot sticks with ssam-jang paste, sliced tofu with soysauce & red chili flakes, and some purple daikon radish!

lunch

I've really been diggin' daikon these days! I normally stick to the regular white daikon, but I saw this purple version at the supermarket the other day and had to try it out. It tastes pretty much the same as regular white daikon, but it's just very purple. It's a bit odd eating something so purple, kinda like having a tie-dyed unicorn on your plate, but it's a funky way to break out of the daily lunch rut. Other ways I've been eating daikon are raw in fresh salads (so crunchy and juicy), and also cut up in cubes and cooked in curries as a potato substitute. It's a very versatile veggie.

lunch

Mm, tofu.