Vegan's Day

BaB's bab

Yesterday was Maree's last day in Seoul, so I met up with her in Hongdae for one last lunch before sending her off on the airport bus. She decided that she wanted Korean food for her final meal, so I took her to BaB, a popular chain han-shik restaurant right next to the Hongik University playground. It has been aaaages since I last went there, so it was nice to revisit it.

Bab @ Hongdae with Maree

Maree ordered their soondubu jjigae (sorry, no photo!), which looked good, but had eggs and probably anchovy stock (7000 won). She enjoyed it though. We got quite a few banchans, and about half of them were vegan. Here are a few close-up banchan shots:

Bab @ Hongdae with Maree
Bab @ Hongdae with Maree
Bab @ Hongdae with Maree
Bab @ Hongdae with Maree
Bab @ Hongdae with Maree
Bab @ Hongdae with Maree

And can you guess what I ordered? Yeup, the bibimbab! :) Without egg, of course (7000 won). It was a big bowl of deliciousness. I especially liked the unique addition of rice noodles in the bibimbab. Every thing tasted really fresh and healthy. Das the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it.

Bab @ Hongdae with Maree

Sadly, after lunch, Maree had to rush off to catch the airport bus to Incheon. On the way though, we made a quick pit-stop at 'Paul & Paulina' Bakery so that she could grab some carby sustenance as a travel snack (she got their berry scone).

Paul & Paulina
Paul & Paulina

It seems that business is going well cuz the number of workers back there has increased considerably, compared to before!

Paul & Paulina

And as always they had a spread of samples for customers to fill up on... unfortunately, I was already stuffed to the brim on bibimbab, so I didn't partake. I was also very tempted to buy a loaf of rustic French country-style bread, but stopped myself cuz I have a big bag of whole wheat flour in my cupboard that is asking to be kneaded into something amazing, so I must tend to that first. It's time to practice my bread baking skillz!

Anyway, so that pretty much sums up Maree's last hours in Seoul. I'm glad we were able to hang out one last time, and I hope she returns to the Motherland soon!

On a side note, the people from my old Ivory Coast boarding school are currently having a reunion in the US right now, and I'm SOOOO wishing I were there. My sister is attending with a bunch of other people I know, and we actually did a huge video-skype session yesterday. It was basically me by myself on one end, and 7 people on the other. It was fantastic to see so many faces that I haven't seen since 7th or 9th grade. Ah-ma-zing. I'm regretting that I didn't go, but I'm glad I got to chat with them for a bit. Isn't it awesome reconnecting with childhood buddies? We're all grown up and have adult lives, but we're all still somehow the same~

Long live Vavoua International School!