Vegan's Day

Dry-Roasted Black Beans

I'm currently at my aunt & uncle's place in Busan! I don't have much time, but here's a quickie:

roasted black beans & almonds

Y'all should know by now how much I enjoy eating black beans, especially for snacks. I eat them plain, frozen, and... roasted! Here are some deliciously crunchy roasted black beans that my parents recently brought me (with some roasted almonds mixed in). They're a traditional Korean snack that is particularly popular amongst older folk who like simple, plain flavors. I've seen them sold at outdoor markets and those trucks selling nuts on the side of the road. I'm sure you can find them at supermarkets too, I just haven't really looked there.

roasted black beans & almonds

I love the crunchiness of these beans. This snack makes me feel like I'm eating a bowlful of peanuts, except that they're way lower in calories, and also unsalted. Not everyone is a fan of their blandness, but I'm totally addicted!