Vegan's Day

Odds n Ends

Wow, it's Friday already. I was having so much fun this week that the days just flew by. I'm so happy that I got to hang out with so many quality women: my Umma, Jenna & Maree, Yunseo, Candyse, Yanna, and Janice!

I don't have a whole lot to blog about today, except to post a few random eats that I didn't get round to uploading:

IMG_2225

An awesome salad of lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers and tofu, drenched in a peanut-ginger dressing. Fabuloso~

IMG_1558

Tofu, perilla leaves, and bean sprout banchan

IMG_2378

And here's one of the many snacks I munched on in-between meals. Green peppers, carrots, and lotsa black beans (not frozen this time~^^), with dwenjang for the dip.

Today, I went to Coex and looked around the Hyundai Department Store supermarket. I love browsing the isles of imported goods and finding which products are vegan. I was also specifically looking for peanut butter because my current jar is running low. In the past, I got the 'Skippy Natural Super Chunk' peanut butter cuz it's one of the few brands in Korea that is free of trans fat/hydrogenated oil and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. But this time, I decided to go all-out and splurge on an organic brand: 'Once Again Crunchy Peanut Butter.'

IMG_2397

It was on sale for 13,500won (from the original price of 18,000won!). Yea... it was still ridiculously expensive, but I figured I would treat myself to something special today~ ^^ Can't wait to dig into this.