Vegan's Day

Sunday, Lovely Sunday

Another weekend has come and gone. Although it was pretty rainy and dreary all weekend, I still managed to make the most of it. Last night, my friend Abigail was visiting Seoul and slept over at my place, so then this morning, we both slept-in a little. Actually, I technically woke up around 8am, but stayed in bed and read my book a bit. :) Then at 9am, I got up while Abigail was still sleeping, ate a quick, silent breakfast of toast with pumpkin puree, drank some coffee, and then snuck out for a morning run. I originally wanted to go to the gym, but realized that it was closed today, so I ended up going on an 8k outdoor run by the Han River. The weather was so humid that none of my sweat was evaporating and my legs just felt quite sluggish the whole time. By the time I returned home, I was drenched in sweat from head to toe, which Abigail was lucky enough to witness. Ew.

IMG_3030

Actually, at the end of my run, I stopped to pick these huge pink flowers that were in full-bloom all along the Han river. They were really pretty and added some much-needed cheer on a humid, stinky, grey day. Each of the flowers are about the size of my hand span. Huge.

IMG_2979

As soon as I got back, Abigail and I feasted on this luscious bowl of ripe, sweet juiciness. They were my first peaches of the year! Even though they hadn't been refrigerated, they were still delicious, refreshing, and hit the spot for my post-run snack-craving.

IMG_3043

Abigail had to head back to her neck of the woods and I had to get ready for church, so there wasn't much time to cook a real lunch. Instead, I went with a big bowl of apple-oatmeal topped with some peach chunks and the usual combo of flax seeds, cinnamon, a drizzle of blackstrap molasses, and ofcourse, a spoon of PB.

IMG_3052

Tell me that doesn't make you drool~

IMG_3066

Satisfaction

After church today, I met up with Swan, an old high school friend that I haven't been in touch with since... our graduation! haha. Yea, we were terrible at keeping in touch, but we recently found out that we are both in Seoul and were excited to reconnect. It was great to see her again. She is an amaaaazing jewelery designer who has worked for some seriously high-end brands, and has had job offers from Tiffany's and Cartier. Wowwwza. She showed me some photographs of the jewels she has designed and they are the most incredible, jaw-dropping pieces of bling you will ever see. Usually when I'm in the presence of so much creative talent, it's all I can do to hold back my green envy, but it wasn't like that with Swan. She has so much talent, and yet she's still the same humble girl I knew in HS. Gotta love people like that. She will be in Korea for most of the summer, so hopefully we'll get to hang out again soon.

IMG_3074

After I came back home, I was starving for a pre-dinner snack, so I made a sandwich with sprouts, jalapeno peppers, mustard and ketchup. Very fancy...

IMG_2922

For dinner, I made some curry using the Japanese S&B golden curry mix. The veggies included mushrooms, a bunch of broccoli, and some corn. It was deliciously comforting.

IMG_2940

I didn't make it very liquidy, but you can see a little bit of the curry sauce in this picture.

So with a full belly, I'm now sipping on some tea and processing my past weekend and looking forward to the upcoming week. I hope everyone had a grand weekend and stayed dry~

Til tomorrow, nite nite!