Vegan's Day

Dotorimuk Salad

Recently, I've gotten into eating salads. Say what? A vegan eating salad? Hold the front page!

Actually, I think a lot of vegans might say that they generally don't like eating salad, and I tend to be one of them. But salad in the summer just seems to make sense, so I've been trying to make good use of all the fresh produce this season and also learn more about the art of salad-making and salad-dressing.

Here's one I made using typical Korean ingredients. Aside from the mix of leafy greens, I included chopped red bell peppers, and 'dotorimuk' which is a Korean type of thick 'jelly' made from acorns (not gelatin!). I used to hate this stuff because it's like eating tasteless jelly cubes, but I have now come around and actually like it for those exact same reasons! People really can change.

{ Dressing Ingredients }

2Tbs soysauce
1Tbs sesame oil
1 clove of finely minced garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes

{ Method }

1. Whisk all ingredients really well, or shake up in a container.
2. Pour over your salad a little at a time, depending on how much dressing you want. The soysauce will wilt the greens, so mix gently, sprinkle with some sesame seeds (optional), and serve immediately.