Vegan's Day

Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies!
IMG_7648.jpg

As I type, I'm enjoying a mug of hot chocolate with a yummy almond butter oatmeal cookie! Ahhh, I feel all cozy and warm inside~~

IMG_7640.jpg

I've baked these cookies a few times now and they may be my new favorite cookie. The recipe is based on my peanut butter oatmeal cookies I posted here, but I just switched out the peanut butter for the almond butter that I got recently, and also slightly reduced the sugar.

IMG_7653.jpg

The nuttiness of the roasted almonds simply can't be beat and I love the chewiness of the oatmeal. And what's great is that these cookies aren't too sweet or oily, but they still have loads of flavor and tasty deliciousness.

IMG_7636.jpg
IMG_7642.jpg

Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies
makes 24-26 cookies

1/3 cup natural, smooth roasted almond butter
1 Tbs non dairy butter
2/3 cup organic sugar (can use slightly less)
1/3 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped almonds

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, non dairy butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until everything is smooth and creamy.
  3. In another bowl, sift together flour, soda and salt. Add the rolled oats.
  4. Combine the wet with the dry, and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chopped almonds.
  5. Drop large spoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheet and slightly flatten with your fingers.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
  7. Remove sheet from oven and let cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cookie rack.

IMG_7644.jpg

Mmm! big cookieee!

IMG_7673.jpg
IMG_7678.jpg

They've got a little bit of everything: crunchy nuts, crispy edges, chewy oatmeal, protein and healthy fat from the almonds, and a little sugar to satisfy that sweet tooth. Seriously, I think these are my new favorite cookies. And for those in Korea, I've temporarily added them to my online bake shop website! Better order soon though, before my almond butter supply runs out!

IMG_7542.jpg

Here's a previous batch I made with just one almond lodged in the center. :)

IMG_7544.jpg
IMG_7568.jpg

Anyway, after baking cookies this morning, I spent pretty much the rest of the day painting and scanning things for my 2012 calendar that I'm working on! :)

2011 art calendar
2011 calendar

Remember last year's calendar? Yeupp, i'm doing it again! However, I'm a little behind schedule this year... It's already almost mid-November and time is running like a faucet, so hopefully I can bust this thing out in the next few days and have it all done, printed, and ready for purchase sometime next week. Fingers crossed! :)