Vegan's Day

'Here & There' Opening Reception!
DSC_7473

Oh My Goodness. My art show opening reception on Friday night was so much fun. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better reception. The teeny tiny Cafe Harunohee was graced with the presence of some my favorite friends & coworkers, their own friends, and also as a number of newer veggie/art friends I've gotten to know through this blog. Here are just a few people-pictures from the night. I hope they don't mind having their faces posted here! :)

IMG_0934

Beautiful people.

art show reception

More beautiful people.

art show reception
art show reception

The lovely duo behind the counter~

DSC_7498

That's me in the white top.

IMG_0944

I was super thrilled with the turnout- and also thrilled to see a few 'red dots' go up on some of the art pieces! :) AHhH~!

DSC_7463

Here are some art photos. Please excuse all the different lighting- I got these pictures using various cameras, at different times of the day. :)

art show reception
art show reception
DSC_7467
art show reception
art show reception

And now onto food:

IMG_0363

Every one had a great time, sippin' on drinks like this soy sweet-potato latte, and eating vegan baked goodies.

IMG_0375

Before the reception started, I was busy in my apartment baking up some miniature-sized Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles for 'service' for guests and customers. I should've gotten a photo of the entire batch, but here's one lone cookie. :)

IMG_0378

I love the little spicy kick you get from the cayenne pepper in these cookies. Everyone said they liked 'em! I also baked vegan banana muffins for people to buy, which sold out by the end of the night. :)

art show reception

Vegan friends Kia & Sean came to the show bearing gifts: homemade pumpkin brownies! Gorgeous~

art show reception

These were rich and decadent, and totally awesome. Kia is one talented vegan baker, who regularly participates in ARK bake sales, and is building up quite a fan-base with all her sweet goodies. I think it's only a matter of time before she starts her own baking business! Eunpah, another vegan blogging friend, also brought me a bag of delicious bread from Tartine bakery, But I'm gonna blog about in a separate post. :)

art show reception

In addition to art, coffee, and vegan dessert, there was also some Jenga action!

Phew~~ So that pretty much covers the highlights of our humble little art show reception. I was truly touched by the amount of support and love I got from everyone present, and I just feel so grateful. I thank everyone who came out for making the night such a success! You guys rock my world. And to those of you who couldn't make it, there's still plenty of time to check it out~ The artwork will be up til the end of November. :)

Thank you!