Vegan's Day

Two-colored Mook Salad
IMG_7784

Yay! It's Friday!! Here's a mook (acorn jelly) side salad I made today. I'm constantly amazed that I used to hate mook salad because now I love it sooo much. I got two different types of mook at a Hyundai department store: chlorella-infused mook (on the left), and black sesame seed mook. I like putting some form of this "salad" together when I'm short on time, and it makes for a nice accompaniment to a boring bowl of brown rice. To assemble this plate, I just laid out some chopped perilla leaves and placed the sliced mook jelly on top. Then I drizzled on some soy dressing and garnished it all with a sprinkling of broken gim (toasted nori sheets) and a bit of kimchi. No cooking required, quick n easy.

Soy sauce dressing:
3 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs brown rice vinegar
1 Tbs sesame seed oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
pinch of black pepper

Whisk all ingredients together, and drizzle over salad ingredients. You can adjust all the measurements to your personal taste.