Vegan's Day

'Foreign Restaurant' at Itaewon

After my friends and I ran our races at the Bada Marathon on Saturday, we were pretty hungry, so we decided to head to Itaewon for some good international eats. It was only around 11am and most of the restaurants weren't yet open, so we had to do a little bit of wandering around. 'Foreign Restaurant' was one of the few already open for business, so that's where we ended up. I went there once about 2 years ago, and that was before their recent renovations. The last time I went, I wasn't that impressed, but I was definitely open to eating there again.

We were thinking about feasting on their buffet menu (16,000 won), but after asking about their vegan options, I learned that pretty much all the dishes on the buffet line weren't vegan. The vegetarian dishes all had a little yogurt or milk in it. :( So then we all just ordered off the menu, which was probably healthier for us in the end, and was also friendlier on the wallet.

The vegetarian dishes on the buffet line

The salads & desserts on the buffet

For 'service,' we got plates of chips with some kind of cilantro dressing. These chips were really yummy and peppery! I only wished they gave us more...

I ordered their 'Mixed Vegetable Curry,' without any yogurt or cream (7000 won). It was delicious- sweet and a little spicy at the same time.

Ben and Dayva both got Aloo Gobi.

I didn't try the naan bread (not vegan), but everyone who did, really enjoyed it. Mike even said it was the best naan he's had in Korea. On the other hand, the chapati that Ben ordered was somewhat disappointing. It looked more like tortilla wraps than real chapati...

Their hummus plate and chapati (6000 won)

All in all, it was a yummy post-race meal. The portions were on the smaller side, but the prices weren't over the top either, unlike most other Indian restaurants in Itaewon. I'm happy to say that this visit was a great improvement from my previous visit 2 years ago.