Vegan's Day

VMF Day 16: "Please sir. May I have some more?"

Oats for breakfast reminds me of my boarding school days when we used to get bowls of gloppy oat porridge (think Oliver Twist with a bowl of sad gruel ) that pretty much every student hated. And the 'chocolate porridge' they gave us wasn't any better either- it was just poo-brown and even more unappetizing. So boarding school pretty much turned me off of eating oats for a very very long time. But now, having some distance between me and those horrifying breakfast memories, I can say that I have matured to the point where I can appreciate the occasional bowl of warm oat porridge.

Oats with bananas & cinammon

With the addition of some spices and fruit, my oats are transformed into a delicious breakfast. This ain't no boarding school glop! Plus, oats are apparently very healthy, and a great way to get energized for the daily grind at work (and ofcourse, a cuppa coffee helps too)!

Cinnamon Apple Rais in Oats (before adding soymilk)